- Power Electronics
- Department Details
- Academic Calendar
- Course Website
- Industry Advisory Board
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Year of starting||2008|
|First year of approval by council||2008 749-87-104(E)/RC/95|
- To create an environment for proliferation of socially responsible and globally competent Power Electronics Engineers, innovators and entrepreneurs.
- To develop state-of-the-art laboratories and well-equipped academic infrastructure.
- To motivate faculty and staff for qualification up-gradation, and enhancement of subject knowledge.
- To promote research culture and consultancy work.
- To strengthen linkages with Industries.
- To reinforce concern for sustainability, natural resource preservation and social responsibility.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates should be able to design, test, verify and suggest modifications in Power Electronics Circuits and Systems for the benefit of humankind.
- Graduates should be able to contribute in the development of new technology.
- Graduates should be able to work independently on a project or as a team leader.
- Graduates should be able to guide his/her subordinates technically as well as non-technically to complete the assigned task within specified time frame.
- Graduates should be able to continuously update his/her knowledge, skills from the readily available learning resources such as Internet, Hand-on-books, research papers, technical journals etc.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Sound knowledge of active and passive electronic devices, various basic and advanced laws governing power electronic circuits and systems.
- Analyze and design power electronic circuits and systems, suggest and develop power electronic systems/solutions for real life problems.
- Operate and make use of test and measurement equipment, latest simulation tools and develop programs for power electronics engineering related problems.
Prof. Indrajit N. Trivedi
Prof. Vipul G. Patel
Prof. Nirav D. Mehta
Prof. Ashish P. Patel
Prof. Dhruv V. Garasiya
Prof. Anwarul M. Haque
Mr. Jayesh A Mistry
The department is having a Computer Laboratory with advanced computers where students can do their computer work, simulation work, etc. They also have proper internet access for internet based study activities and other academic work.
Electrical Machines & Drives Laboratory
The department has Electrical Machines & Drives Laboratory where students study the subjects related to electric machines and electrical drives.
The department has a well-established Multimedia Classroom with projector and PA system facilities.
Circuit & Network/Analog and Digital Electronics L
The department has a well-establishedLaboratory for Circuit & Network/Analog and Digital Electronics subjects with Electronics Workbench Panels andnecessary kits for performing experiments.