- Power Electronics
- Department Details
- Academic Calendar
- Course Website
- Industry Advisory Board
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Department Co-ordinator||Prof. Indrajit N. Trivedi|
|Year of starting||2008|
|First year of approval by council||2008 749-87-104(E)/RC/95|
- To create a learning environment for quality technical education in the field of Power Electronics to prepare socially responsible competent technocrats and entrepreneurs.
- To enhance laboratories and academic infrastructure.
- To promote research culture through publications and consultancy work.
- To strengthen linkages with Industries through industrial visits and work for industry defined projects.
- To motivate students, faculty and staff for qualification upgradation, and enhancement of subject knowledge.
- To boost concern for environment, sustainability and social responsibility.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates should be able to apply technology for the benefit of the ecosystem and thereby humankind.
- Graduates should be able to work independently on a project or as a team leader to complete the assigned task within specified time frame.
- Graduates should be able to continuously update his/her knowledge, skills from the readily available learning resources such as MOOC courses, Hand-on-books, research papers, technical journals etc.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Sound knowledge of active and passive electronic devices, various basic and advanced laws governing power electronic circuits and systems.
- Analyze and design power electronic circuits and systems, suggest and develop power electronic systems/solutions for real life problems.
- Operate and make use of test and measurement equipment, latest simulation tools and develop programs for power electronics engineering related problems.
Prof. Indrajit N. Trivedi
Prof. Vipul G. Patel
Prof. Nirav D. Mehta
Prof. Ashish P. Patel
Prof. Dhruv V. Garasiya
Prof. Anwarul M. Haque
Mr. Jayesh A Mistry
The department is having a Computer Laboratory with advanced computers where students can do their computer work, simulation work, etc. They also have proper internet access for internet based study activities and other academic work.
Electrical Machines & Drives Laboratory
The department has Electrical Machines & Drives Laboratory where students study the subjects related to electric machines and electrical drives.
The department has a well-established Multimedia Classroom with projector and PA system facilities.
Circuit & Network/Analog and Digital Electronics L
The department has a well-establishedLaboratory for Circuit & Network/Analog and Digital Electronics subjects with Electronics Workbench Panels andnecessary kits for performing experiments.