- Computer Engineering
- Department Details
- Academic Calendar
- Course Website
- Industry Advisory Board
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Department Co-ordinator||Prof. Mansukh T. Savaliya|
|Year of starting||2001|
|First year of approval by council||2000 749-87-104(E)/RC/95|
- To create an environment for providing value based education in Computer Engineering through innovation, team work and ethical practices.
- To produce computer engineering graduates according to the needs of industry, government, society and scientific community.
- To develop state of the art computing facilities and academic infrastructure.
- To develop partnership with industries, government agencies and R & D organizations for knowledge sharing and overall development of faculties and students.
- To solve industrial, governance and societal issues by applying computing techniques.
- To create environment for research and entrepreneurship.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Possess technical competence in solving real life problems related to Computing.
- Acquire good analysis, design, development, implementation and testing skills to formulate simple computing solutions to the business and societal needs.
- Provide requisite skills to pursue entrepreneurship, higher studies, research and development and imbibe high degree of professionalism in the fields of computing.
- Embrace life-long learning and remain continuously employable.
- Work and excel in a highly competence supportive, multicultural and professional environment which abiding to the legal and ethical responsibilities.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Sound knowledge of fundamentals of computer science and engineering including software and hardware.
- Develop the software using sound software engineering principles having web based/mobile based interface.
- Use various tools and technology supporting modern software frameworks for solving problems having large volume of data in the domain of data science and machine learning.
Prof. Mansukh T. Savaliya
Prof. Kajal S. Patel
Prof. Jalpa M. Ramavat
Prof. Nakul R. Dave
Prof. Uttam Chauhan
Prof. Viral Borisagar
Prof. Kaushik K. Rana
Prof. Jitendra B. Bhatia
Prof. Amit H. Rathod
Prof. Nirav B. Suthar
Prof. Khushali R. Raval
Prof. Jigna J. Jadav
Prof. Vinodray D. Thumar
Prof. Karan P. Bhatt
Prof. Avani Nakul Dave
Prof. Rahul K. Shah
Prof. Bhavinkumar N. Patel
Mrs. Vital R. Patel
Mr. J. D. Rathod
Programming Lab1 and 2
The laboratories are equipped with a number of desktop computers. The current software resources includes open source programming SDKs. The lab is used for the course subjects like C, C++ programming etc
The laboratory is equipped with a high end configuration desktop computers and interconnecting devices. All machines are configured with latest networking software packages and network simulators like wire shark, packet tracer etc. For the programming of network applications, C, C++, Java, python 2.7 are installed on the Windows 10 operating systems.
The laboratory is equipped with a number of desktop computers. The current software resources include a number of Object Oriented Programming SDKs, Integrated Development Environment like Eclipse, EditPlus etc. and Object Oriented Software Engineering tools
Advance Computing Lab
The laboratory is equipped with a number of desktop computers. The current software resources include a number of SDKs for high end computing environments like Machine Learning, Data Mining, Hadoop Cluster etc. The lab is used for the course subjects like Data Mining and Business Intelligence, Python Programming etc.
Internet and Advance Programming lab 1 and 2
The laboratories are equipped with a number of high end desktop computers. The current software resources include a number of open source tools for formal specification and verification, advanced static analysis, dynamic analysis and testing tools (test-beds), modeling languages, CASE tools and general programming environments. This lab is used by final and pre-final year students for their project work.
High Performance server and network infrastructure
This is the Network Operation Center (NOC) which provides connectivity to the institute through fiber network. It consists of central rack comprising networking switches and servers. It includes various high end configured servers like web server, application server (MIS), Oracle Data Base Server, file server.
Hardware Lab is established to handle the laboratories related to the subjects of Microprocessor, Digital Electronics as well as Internet of Things (IoT). This lab consists of 8085 & 8086 Microprocessor hardware kit for the microprocessor subject and Digital Trainer Kit with Basic gates for the Digital Electronics subject. This lab consists of various IoT sensors and devices like Raspberry PI-3 B+ Kits, GPS tracker, Sensor Kits, LoRa etc.