- Mechanical Engineering
- Department Details
- Academic Calendar
- Course Website
- News Letter
- Industry Advisory Board
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Department Co-ordinator||Prof. Anand B. Dhruv|
|Year of starting||2008|
|First year of approval by council||2008 749-87-104(E)/RC/95|
- To create an excellent environment for quality based education in the field of Mechanical Engineering for preparing socially responsible technocrats and entrepreneurs.
- Impart quality education and enhance the creative and innovative skills to nurture globally acceptable mechanical engineer.
- Provide state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching-learning environment through qualified faculties.
- Develop linkages with Industry for excellence in research and consultancy services.
- Encourage life-long learning, ethical values and entrepreneurship culture for industrial and societal needs.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Apply core subject knowledge to various challenging problems.
- Adopt technical skills and leadership capability to explore the problems and present the solutions with professional ethics.
- Plan and manage the production of components as per needs of the society.
- Utilize engineering software and experimental capabilities to pursue research, higher education and entrepreneurship.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
- Graduates will be able to apply technical knowledge to identify, formulate and solve Mechanical Engineering problems relating to thermodynamics, fluid sciences, materials science, design and dynamics and industrial management.
- Graduates will utilize their skills to solve industrial and R&D problems using modern engineering tools, latest software and equipment for environment friendly solution.
- Graduates will be able to pursue their career as professional entrepreneur.
Prof. Anand B. Dhruv
Prof. Dhaval M. Patel
Prof. Rupal P. Vyasa
Prof. Hamendra A. Miskin
Prof. Rajendra K. Patel
Prof. Kintu R. Patel
Prof. Ajaykumar D. Brahmbhatt
Prof. Swapna A. Pawar
Prof. Vanvirsinh J. Chauhan
Prof. Jitendra M Joshi
Prof. Dhaval B. Patel
Prof. Akshay A. Pujara
Prof. Sanjay B. Pipaliya
Prof. Mohammedyasin M .Modan
Prof. Kuldip T. Dodiya
Prof. Trupti Y. Rathod
Prof. Sapna A. Solanki
Prof. Jaspalsinh B. Dabhi
Prof. Viral A. Thakar
Jayeshkumar J Suthar
Thakor Jashvantkumar Amarsinh
Material Science Lab
Material science and Metallurgy lab are used to study the structure-properties relationships of various materials for their proper applications. Especially study of different types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys, in terms of their composition, structure, properties and applications; non-destructive testing to understand the basic concept of selection and processing of metals and materials for their applications.
Engineering Drawing Lab
Engineering Drawing Lab where students are to develop the ability to produce simple engineering drawing and sketches based on current practice and to develop skills in abstracting information schematic diagrams to produce working drawings for manufacturers, installers and fabricators.
Fluid Mechanics/ Fluid Power Engineering. Lab
This lab is run in conjunction with the theory course 2141906 (Fluid Mechanics) and 2151903 (Fluid Power Engineering). It is an introductory course where flow behaviour, fluid forces and analysis tools are introduced. The goals of the experiments include determination of applications of the control volume approach, demonstration of the momentum and energy equations, and engineering correlations.
Refrigeration and Air conditioning Lab
Department is having refrigeration and Air conditioning Lab for basics of refrigeration and air conditioning cycle with different areas of applications. students can perform experiments on refrigerator trainer and air conditioning test rig.
Internal Combustion Engineering/ Automobile Engg.
The Department have Internal combustion engine/Automobile lab where students can study the practical on Four stroke four cylinder petrol engine test rig(Morse test), Jeep chasis with cut section engine, Wheel balancer. The main focus of the lab is to study the different system of Internal combustion Engine with the help of cut section of single cylinder two strock petrol enine, single cylinder four strock petrol engine, Single cylinder four strock diesel engine , Four wheel drive with differential & rear axle. Constant mesh gear box, Synchromesh gear box.
Heat transfer Lab
At Heat Transfer laboratory, students are able to study different modes of heat transfer, like conduction, convection and radiation. As an output of learning students are able to corelate real life application to theoretical knowledge like heat exchangers, critical radius of insulation and film-wise and drop-wise condensation processes.
The Department is having workshop lab where students study basic level knowledge of mechanical Engineering. Student will gain knowledge of carpentry job, fitting job ,welding job, tin smithy . This lab is common for all branches for first year.
Basic mechanical Engineering laboratory, students study basic knowledge of Mechanical Engineering. Student will gain knowledge of Boiler, I.C. Engine , Power Transmitting element. This lab is common for all branches for first year.
CAD Lab enable students to view objects under a wide variety of representations and to test these objects by simulating real-world conditions thus it helps to accomplish the design objectives easily and efficiently.
The objective of the thermal engineering laboratory is to introduce the student the fundamental theories and the industrial applications of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics with help of charts, models,experimental setups.
In this lab students understand the working principals of any machine and transmission of the motion and the forces responsible for the motion. In Dynamics lab students can understand unbalanced forces in rotary and reciprocating engines, can determine time period for different vibrational systems and vibration measurement techniques.
Machining Lab contains Three Laboratories (manufacturin Process 1, 2 and Production Technology) of Mechanical engineering, where students can identify different tools for machining, understand tool signature. Manufacturing process begins with the product design, and materials specification from which the product is made. This lab is a combination of manufacturing technology, engineering sciences with management science. Students can perform the application of castings, machining processing, joining processes, metal cutting, machine tools, machining systems, jigs and fixtures, die and mould design, material science, and machine designing and manufacturing.
Mechanical News letter July- Dec 2019
Mechanical News letter Jan- June 2019
Mechanical New Letter Jan-Dec 2018