E Cell / SSIP Cell
- E Cell / SSIP Cell
- Student Projects
Go To E-Cell / SSIP Cell
About VGEC E-cell
- Vishwakarma E-cell is a start-up Co-working Center and Entrepreneurship development Center as part of Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad. The vision of the E-cell is to disseminate knowledge and insights in entrepreneurial practice and theory through lectures, seminar activities and workshops, to seek tie-ups with Non-profit Entrepreneurial organizations connecting e-cell to global network of entrepreneurs and to provide Ecosystem for early stage entrepreneurs.
- The key motto of E-cell is to develop Entrepreneurial environment at the institute with easily accessible resources.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various workshops and seminar organized under e-Cell at premier institutes like Entrepreneurship Development of India (EDI), IIT Gandhinagar. It also provides internship to students. Faculty members and students form a team and coordinate various activities under E-cell. Various leadership talks by eminent experts in association with MHRD are coordinated and attended by students and faculty in large numbers.
- Conclaves, conferences and industry experts/mentors meet are arranged under E-cell with a view to linking industries and government bodies. Students get opportunity to interact with the mentors, entrepreneurs and market leaders through such activities. Social events are also an integral part of e-Cell where students explore rich and varied culture of our country. Students and faculty working under e-cell also participate in different competitions.
About Student Start Up and Innovation Policy (SSIP)
- VGEC SSIP cell supports student Innovation and Startup through funding, mentor ship, co-working space, patent filing and legal assistance. VGEC had received funding of INR 1.2 crore from Education Department, Government of Gujarat under SSIP Policy.
VGEC SSIP Cell has the following goals:
- To disseminate knowledge and insights in entrepreneurial practice and theory through lectures, seminar Activities and workshops.
- To collaborate with similar bodies in other Business schools, training institutes & technology institutes to accomplish the objectives.
- To seek tie-ups with Non-profit Entrepreneurial organizations connecting e- cell to global network of entrepreneurs.
- To create a strong network of successful entrepreneurs who would like to guide budding entrepreneurs.
- Ecosystem for early stage entrepreneurs
- Starting Innovation incubation center
- Starting Campus Companies